We just released a major update to Rhythm Control 2 including a new song – Mr Sheep and Mr Bee by Hideki Kaji, as well as support for iPhone 5 and Twitter and Facebook integration. We also released a new song pack with 3 more songs from 61 Degrees.
With the update, we also decided to make the game free to download and play, and instead inserted ads between the songs to finance the future updates of the game. The ads can be removed by purchasing any of the song packs in the store.
We hope you’ll enjoy the new version of the game, and want to thank all our players for the support!
We’re finally done with the work on Rhythm Control 2. It has taken us over 1.5 years to create the sequel to Rhythm Control. We’re incredibly happy with the result, and we hope that everyone will enjoy the new game as much as we do.
If you want to support us, or just keep up to date with everything that happens around the game, make sure to like our new Facebook page, dedicated to the new game.
Rhythm Control 2 will be released as soon as Apple aproves the new app. Thanks everyone for your patience and support!
Boeoes Kaelstigen, preferably pronounced /ˈbʌs ˈtʃɛlstɨɡɛn/, is nowadays a well established techno/house duo with several successful EP’s and indie-to-mainstream remixes behind them. Their work is endorsed by international techno personas such as Laurent Garnier, Michael Mayer of Kompakt and Özgur Can. The strong support, popular remixes and their own melodramatic melodies have taken them to gigs all over the world, including Tokyo, Berlin, the Internet and Paris.
We’re ridicilously happy to announce that the track “Kantillo” from their latest album “Tanum Teleport” will be featured in Rhythm Control 2! Make sure to give it a listen below!
Here’s a special treat for all you fans of Rhythm Control: YMCK, one of Japans most prominent chiptunes acts has written a completely new track called “Neko Nadetai” that will see it’s world debut in Rhythm Control 2.
YMCK has been in the business since 2003. Their track record consists of a handful of albums as well as live performances all over the world. They’ve also been featured in several other games.
We’re super thrilled to have YMCK as one of the artists in the game. And we really hope you’ll enjoy the new track as much as we do!
For more information about YMCK, please check their official homepage. Some of their tracks are also available on Myspace.
We’re thrilled to announce the first artist that has contributed to the tracklist in Rhythm Control 2!
Bit Shifter is one of the front figures of modern Chip Tunes music. He’s based in New York City, and explores high-impact, low-res music produced using primitive gear and synthesis as a deliberate aesthetic choice. In a distillation of the less-is-more philosophy, Bit Shifter operates with a standard Nintendo Game Boy as a means of exploring the aesthetics of economy, pushing minimal hardware to its maximum. He is also in it for the lolz.
Bit Shifter has previously contributed with music to several other games. In Rhythm Control 2 we’ve been able to include “Activation Theme”, a fast and energetic tune that we hope you’ll enjoy as much as we do. You can listen to it HERE.
For more info about him, have a look at bit.shifter.net or visit 8bitpeoples, a record label featuring a lot of other interesting chip musicians, run by mr Bit Shifter himself. He also organizes the Blip Festival at different parts of the planet every now and then.
Tweaking the gameplay and adding all the features in Rhythm Control 2 is taking slightly longer than expected. We are currently finishing the last details and will submit the game to Apple very soon!
So what’s new in Rhythm Control 2?
- Several new gameplay features.
- A very polished and refined UI, personally we think that the new game looks way better than the previous one.
- A new tracklist with awesome artists that we’re dying to announce! Of course some of our popular in-house artists have prepared a bunch of new tracks as well.
- A lot of time has been put into creating the note charts for the songs. We’ve made sure that there’s easy tracks for newcomers to enjoy. Of course there’s still a lot of challenges for more advanced players too, including a ridiculously difficult boss song!
- More DLC ready from the start. We intend to release new content to the game on a regular basis. There will be paid DLC as well as some free goodies every now and then.
- An all new experience and unlock system – unlock new tracks and features as you progress in the game.
- Universal app, compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Course mode with support for gamecenter leaderboards. Together with a much more balanced scoring system we hope that this will bring hours of fun for all you hardcore players who want to compete against each other.
Still busy taking care of the last bits and peices in Rhythm Control 2. We’re very pleased with everything this far, and hope that all you fans will appreciate the new game too. We’ll start announcing the track list shortly, so stay tuned!
We’ve been quiet for a long time, but we’re still alive. We’ve spent all of 2011 working on our next title, and finally we’ve come far enough to let you all know about it.
Rhythm Control 2 will have all new gameplay features and a completely redesigned UI. We’ve also managed to put together a tracklist that we’re very happy about with both old and new artists. Of course there will be plenty of DLC too!
Rhythm Control 2 will be released early 2012. More details soon.